Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Patience of Dogs

Some times I think I am very lucky to have dogs. Here it is late at night and as I prepare to say Slichot (penetential prayers - in this case in preparation for Rosh Hashanah) I look down at girl dog and ask her if she wants to say Slichot. I keep on prattling on in my primate manner and after looking intently and checking to see if there are going to be any words that she knows and needs to respond to she sighs and rests her head on my lap as if to say "Whatever you want mom."

The Gaze


When I stand up to begin she stands up too and stay standing for a bit, but when I finish I look down and she sound asleep on the floor, as she should be. She is a dog after all.
Ember Asleep

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a cutie! Such an adorable expression on her face.
Wish my kids were this patient....